Strain gauge technology is almost always better at detecting impending issues than acceleration because it uses causal information instead of reactive information. Strain gauge sensors can measure 10e-12 deformations in the material. This means you can monitor very stiff structures and low-RPM machines much more accurately than acceleration-based sensors.
Wireless, fully digital telemetry comes in an incredibly small package – a 13x15mm wireless USB strain measurement core. Lightweight and embeddable, the micro telemetry features wireless power and data and can accommodate Wheatstone Bridge applications and sensors including strain, pressure, servo-accelerometers, etc.
The GTI Predictive Technology Micro Telemetry is low-cost, easy to apply, and durable making it an ideal solution for monitoring rotating and moving parts where wires and slip rings are just not feasible.
Watch Demonstrations Below:
- Machine tool holders
- Machine qualification and model validation
- Linkage stresses
- Pump shafts
- Ideal for wirelessly monitoring moving parts
- Predictive maintenance
- Compatible with a wide variety of input transducers: strain, acceleration, pressure
- Powered wirelessly with up to two power antennas: strain, acceleration, or pressure: 7812 samples/sec 24-bit data
- Input power and current measurement to aid in power antenna placement
- Onboard temperature sensor readings from -40°C to 125°C
- Intelligent onboard diagnostics
- Capable of wireless power excitation using Suprock RF stationary equipment
- Application tested to 35,000 gees (343,350m/s2)